Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Thing 18

I searched on YouTube for awhile. There's no way to get that time back. A person can get sucked in... and never come out. I don't think YouTube is well organized-- at least to use it in teaching. Although I did see some good humor. I've seen the UHF video of Conan the Librarian, but in no place was there any credit given to the orginal creator, Weird Al Yankovic. Copyright infringement seems common. In my searches for some educational type of videos, I saw some skin, so it's dangerous treading for school use.
I think this will start to change, though. Curriculums will eventually develop around online videos, and instructors will use it frequently-- I'm sure they do already. I did a couple things with Thing 18. I downloaded a CommonCraft video for my iPod (OK, that's 19) I also linked the video to my blog, and also linked to Google Video Sharing.
I have come to realize that Google IS BIG. I could dedicate another year of time to understanding how Google and it's various tools all work cohesively together.

No comments: