Monday, April 7, 2008

Thing 15

Libraries and Gaming. I understand this is a hot topic and I appreciate the chance to see some good choices for role playing games. Again, for a middle school, I don't think either one is appropriate, and the Pirate Puzzle seemed to take more time initially to set up a pirate than to score some booty. I expected more of an educational type of Puzzle game, but there was a feature called "Drinking Game" so that didn't sound too appropriate at all.
When I go to a public library to use a computer, and see some other person is playing one of these "games", I become frustrated at the wait.
The Pirate Puzzle and Second Life are fun and interesting if a) you have your own computer or b) you are not meeting deadlines and have time to play games.
Maybe a college library is the right fit for this type of gaming.

No comments: